Alpine Endeavors has become a recipient for another special use permit for Mount Rainier! Join us for a memorable climb on an incredible mountain.
Our route of choice is to summit Mt Rainier via the Kautz Glacier.
A rough itinerary would be:
Day 0 Arrive in Seattle - meet and review gear, questions etc.
Day 1 Drive to Mount Rainier N.P., climb up Wilson Glacier and camp
Day 2 Climb up camp below Camp Hazard
Day 3 Summit Attempt
Day 4 Alt weather day
Day 5 Pack up, hike out, drive to Seattle
Trip is open to climbers with previous backpacking/camping and ice climbing experience, limited to a total of four guests and 2 guides. For those with no previous glacier experience, we require a 2 day training session that we can do the days before in the North Cascades National Park or a two-day glacier skills and crevasse rescue refresher as a pre-trip meeting and training in the Shawangunks prior to the trip.
Join us: July 28 - August 2, 2013
Rates: $1,950.00 per person w/ lodging
• all guiding fees
• dinners on the mountain
• technical & group equipment (such as ropes, tents and cooking gear)
• ground transportation (to and from Sea Tac)
• *lodging the first and last night of the trip (based on double occupancy)
Rates do not include:
• air transportation
• off-mountain meals
• breakfast and lunch in the mountains
• any additional expenses in the event of early departure for you and your guide
(evac fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc)
• Trip cancellation insurance
• Climber registration and Mount Rainier NPS permit ($30pp)
• any other expenses not listed in the included list
Please contact us with more questions.
We have had great and successful trips in 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2011.