American Alpine Club Shawangunk Gateway Campground: The AAC worked with the local land managers to open a great campground - opening day was May 15, 2015! Space is limited with some sites being open to reservations and some first come first served for both drive up and walk in sites.
- $24/night per campsite for AAC and Mohonk Preserve members; $38/night per campsite for non-members
- Limit 4 people per campsite
- 50 tent sites, with parking for one vehicle per site, additional parking is available off site.
- Open May 15, 2015 through mid-November, 2015, weather permitting
- Office hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday through Thursday; 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday
- No RV's or large vehicles are allowed
- Amenities include: pay showers, covered pavilion, fire ring, drinking water, etc.
- For reservations call or email: (845) 255 -0032; email@example.com
Click the link below to make an online reservation:
Located at 953 Route 299, Gardiner, NY 12525
Camp Slime on the Mohonk Preserve is Closed. Please use the AAC Campground.
NYSDEC Multi-use area : This area is now CLOSED to camping, please use the AAC campground next to it.
Creek View Campground : Located 7 miles north of New Paltz on RT 32 in Rosendale. They offer tenting, rent out small rv/trailers, and hot showers. If you're staying at the free campgrounds you can get a shower here for a few dollars. Call them at 845-658-9142.
Yogi Bear campground/KOA 845-255-5193 : Located off RT 44/55 in Gardiner. They offer tenting, rv hookups, and showers.