- $195 per class
A credit card is required to enroll but isn't charged until the time of service.
Aid climbing skills open the doors to more climbing adventures from Yosemite to Zion and beyond.
Aid climbing can provide multi-day adventures on big walls.
We recommend a minimum of two days for aid climbing to allow time to learn the skills and provide practice and supervision. In addition to a general review of all the gear placement and leading skills you should have prior to this course, the additional topics will cover are as follows:
- More involved gear placement
- Anchor organization
- Rappelling with a haul bag
- How to set up a portaledge - optional bivy on the portaledge is possible
- Equipment - what gear you will need to aid climb
- and provide you with as much time as possible on the rock practicing the skills and having fun rock climbing
Aid climbing instruction is available daily in the Shawangunks and Adirondacks. We supply all the necessary technical climbing equipment and day passes where required - please check out the Gear List specific for the day for what is actually supplied and what you'll be required to bring.